Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year and Welcome

It's a brand new year which calls for a brand new blog! I've been thinking about restarting my blog for about 6 months now and finally realized my only hesitation was writing on my old blog. My life has changed so much since that time and the old blog just didn't fit right!

Therefore I welcome you to my new little blog! I am beyond excited for 2017. I anticipate some major bumps this year but I also have full confidence there will be so many wonderful things about this year. It seems like everyone is looking forward to this new year and more than happy to say Bye Felicia to 2016.

I am starting this year out with a few resolutions and am looking forward to meeting them! I think if I could accomplish just one year of resolutions I'd feel more inspired to keep going for your dreams! Here are my 5 goals for the year 2017 - 

1. Lose 20 lbs - I hope that I can lose more than 20 lbs but I would be insanely happy and proud of myself for losing 20 lbs so that is my goal! It's doable and the other benefit to losing weight...being more active and feeling strong! It helps reduce stress and clear the mind! 

Tactics - I have slowly been easing back into Weight Watchers through the month of December. And now after enjoying a family dinner today I am full on ready to get my butt back on track! And I signed up for a two night a week dance exercise class! My Mom took it and really enjoyed it and she looks awesome so I was inspired! It's too dark and cold right now to be motivated to get up in the morning and start running again so this should be a nice ease back in for me! 

2. Quit Smoking - yup I'm putting it out there and it's happening this year. The last year and some change have been pretty stressful and I've just been back in the habit of regularly smoking and I know it's super bad and gross. Despite that it's been super tough for me to quit because I enjoy it. It's something that calms me when I'm feeling anxious and stressed! So I'm searching out different relievers of stress and I am saying goodbye for good to my smokes!
*Don't judge me for smoking. I'm aware it's gross and bad!

Tactics - cold turkey. Yes I think it's best and no I'm not too worried about it being hard. It's hard no matter what! So that's why exercising is going to balance out things. That and a trip to my doctor to get some help with my anxiety! I'm already on top of it and hey I've lasted one whole day without a smoke and I'm good! I bought some gum to help out when the cravings hit but I'm ready!

3. Start a New Chapter in a New State - this is a biggie!! Brandon and I are planning on moving out of state this year! I'm nailing down the details with my current job this month and then we'll make our next step! If I can keep my job we will be moving to Nevada. If keeping my job isn't going to end up being an option then who knows! We will figure that out then but trust me Nevada is still one of the tops on the list so keep the fingers crossed I can keep my job!

Tactics - I will be requesting a meeting with boss to ask if she will talk to our CEO about it! She has told me she can't imagine him saying no to this. It would be a good thing to have an HR presence in another one of our offices! But we shall see! First step - meet with my boss!

Of course I also want the usual save more money, buy a house, adopt a million dogs...but the ones above are the most important to me! I feel if I get those three goals done this year then the rest of my life will be thriving as well! Okay maybe not a million dogs but you never know!

I hope that everyone had a very safe New Years and started the first day of 2017 as well as we did!! Thankful to have rung in the New Year with Brandon and our friends and then spent the first afternoon/evening with my family...playing games, watching my adorable niece, and eating food made by Mom...it was truly perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment