Monday, January 2, 2017

Weight Watchers Game Plan

Alright folks now that I'm "ready" to really focus on feeling and being healthy again I thought I'd share my current game plan! 

I hate to admit it but I know I'm not alone...I gained back some weight I lost awhile back. And it sucks! But now I know that I am capable of losing the weight and running 10 miles so let's get started.

Step 1 - Up my Weight Watchers game. I knew getting through the entire month of December and sticking to my points every week just wasn't going to happen for me. We went on vacation and both of our families know how to cook! Will I always take this approach to December? Yes but I also know how to limit myself now and not feel like I'm missing out! I only gained half a lb on our vacation. I was so very proud of myself. Now it's time to get down to business and stick to my points! Starting today January 2nd it's the Weight Watchers life!

Step 2 - Exercise. Right before Christmas I signed up for a dance exercise class that my Mom took. I texted Mom she said she would do it with me and I spent the $75 right then. It's too cold and dark to go running in the morning and this girl hates the gym so dance class it is until it's brighter in the mornings.

Step 3 - Meal plan...this is a weekly in progress step but it's extremely helpful. I can plan out all my meals for the week and prep all my lunches so there is no reason to go off plan. Plus my meals are actually pretty darn good since I actually put some thought into it.

Step 4 - Stay Positive. This is huge. No matter what happens I am striving to be healthier and feel better. Lose a size or two..yes that would be awesome but really I just want to feel as good as I felt back when I was running and eating healthy. I just have to stay positive and remind myself it will take time and hard work. I am lucky because I have a significant other who loves to cook, loves veggies, and is always down to work out with me!

I've started following some healthy lifestyle bloggers, vloggers, and those darn inspirational instagrams to keep me motivated. Now to go dust off my Weight Watchers cookbooks and get to menu planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment