Saturday, January 28, 2017

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Well well well look at how time has flown right on by!

Let's play catch up shall we...


On New Years Eve we attended our friend Katie's Masquerade Party! It was a blast!





I got to wear my new favorite lip stick! I read about Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Bawse online and apparently this color works on nearly every skin tone! I don't know about you but I struggle to find just the right color! The ones I love are usually too light and I get nervous buying the darker colors...even though now I know those work for me!

But this one was seriously perfect! It lasted all night and I loved it!


New Years Eve was a blast and it was so fun to ring in the new year with our friends all dolled up and acting classy ;-)

A couple weekends later we headed to Reno to visit family! Let me tell you how happy I was for this view on the way there...



 I love snow...it is so magical to me! Maybe because I didn't grow up living in it I can truly enjoy it's beauty but I don't even care! You can't argue with me on this! :)



We arrived in Reno about noon. We are planning on moving up there so we took advantage of the afternoon and went to a few apartment complexes and then headed to Hobby Lobby where I appropriately drooled over their Valentine's Day decorations.


After spending only 30 minutes in Hobby Lobby we headed over to my cousin Jodi and her husband Austin's house! After catching up a bit and enjoying an extremely delicious dinner we found ourselves in an Uno Spin battle! 


If you have not played this game, this was our first time, you must play it! I'll admit I kept forgetting the rules but we had an absolute blast!


We had made one quick pit stop to Target because I forgot shampoo and we stumbled upon these babies..


 I had heard of them so Brandon knew we were on the hunt! Who knew that we had to drive to Nevada to get them! 



As for flavor my cousin put it perfectly...they taste like the lofthouse sugar cookies! I won't be buying them again but I am going to make the cookie recipe that is on the bag to see if I enjoy them a bit more that way...and hopefully my coworkers will too!

The rest of the weekend was spent visiting with family and as per usual we had a great time staying at Jodi and Austin's home!

The following weekend we had plans with our friends Saturday night and Sunday!!

Say hello to Kitty Cocktail and Cy Ramsay


Our friends Jen and Dan put on a 1920's Murder Mystery Party and we had an absolute blast! I got my lovely dress and headband from Amazon and I have no doubt I'll find another time and place to show off this stunning little number.




The following Sunday Funday we all met up for brunch and I got to wear my new sweatshirt from Old Navy and Lularoe Valentine leggings...I was beyond comfy!



And then the most shocking thing of all happened...Brandon and I were the first to arrive for Brunch so of course we took a moment for an ussie!


After brunch we stopped by the store and picked up a little sweet treat for later that day and headed home to be lazy bums!! January has been busy but all really fun adventures and events!! And on top of all these fun activities I found time to cook and bake a couple new recipes and finish a book! Keep watch for those coming up next on the blog!

I hope 2017 has started off well for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment