Sunday, January 8, 2017

20 Minute Pinterest Project

We all know how the lovely Pinterest game works...you pin about a million recipes, projects, fitness workouts, cute puppies, and fashion..yet how many of those do you actually complete? I will say that I make a great deal of effort to actually make/create/buy some of my pins. I have over 11,000 pins currently so the reality of getting through even 1/4 of those is slim to none! But you better believe I'll try to get through as many as possible because what's the point in pinning things that I'll never do??

This weekend I sat down to work on a project that I've had planned for months now! I just had to get through toilet paper rolls and remember to save them! I have a wonderful craft space in my apartment but I am constantly trying to keep it neat and organized! This project (which can be found here) focused on getting myself a place to organize my colored pencils and pens! 

First things first you'll need a few toilet paper rolls, a good pair of scissors, hot glue gun and glue, pretty paper and a box of your choosing. I used the box my camera came in because the size was perfect for my space.


Next up I removed the box lid and the edge pieces. My box came with a bunch of inserts that helped me out later in the project but go ahead and remove any extra pieces inside if there are any.


The next part can be done however you need to do it. This will all depend on your box size. I was able to cut my 12 x 12 paper in half and then I wrapped it around my box to determine where the fold should be.


After that I used hot glue to secure the paper to my box.



As you can my paper extended over the top of my box, which ideally you want. You'll want to cut the corner edge just down to the top of the box edge.


After that fold over your paper edges into the inside of the box and secure with hot glue.

Repeat these steps with the second piece of paper and voila your box is covered.


Next up line the inside with your toilet paper rolls and any other dividers you might want. I used the pieces of cardboard that came with my camera box to make an extra slot.

I did not use anything to secure the toilet paper rolls down but I did use scotch tape to secure the divider in the back to the sides of my box, in the picture it's actually at the bottom.


Next up fill to the hearts content with whatever products you choose. I was specifically going for my colored pencils and pens! And it worked amazing! 




I could not be happier with how this turned out! It's perfect and fits perfect on my craft table without taking up too much space! And the paper I chose actually matches a frame that I made that is above my desk so it all ties in! YAY!!

Right after this I had quite the hankering to bake...who doesn't love to craft and bake on a Sunday!

I whipped up a batch of sour cream glazed donuts that I found here.

These were quite delish and so easy...give the project and these donuts a try...you won't be disappointed!



The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing on the couch with my man. While I was busy perusing the internet he played his game until we sat down to continue our Revenge marathon! If you never watched this show make sure to check it out! We finally made it to the final season and can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment